Quote Originally Posted by Verissimo View Post
Well. I'm sorry, but yes, you are wrong.

www.clinicaverissimo.com

Now, let me tell about me and why I must say xara is a great website tool maker.
In 1st place I must say I never had experience in web design, graphics, etc …
One day I thought to hire someone to make me a web page for my dental clinic in Portugal. It was a financial nightmare, time wasting, and it was never as I want.
So I decided to buy "something" I could say to the web designer what and how I wanted. When I found Xara … I tried 1st all those tools you mention, but all I found too technical. I had no time and knowledge to do my self a website (I thought) so I used Xara only to communicate with the web designer.
With Time, and when I get more in to it, I realise I was actually building all the website … I close the huge account with the webdesigner and moved on.
Now the best part … just type in google search " clinica dentaria em Oeiras, portugal " (in Portuguese) That is a general search to who needs a dentist in my region (there are a bunch of them) but I guess you will find my clinic in 1st page and in Maps section. What I mean is a amateur could work the SEO in xara.
Well, all this to say, maybe a professional that works with scrip and dedicates his life and work to web design, may have better tools than Xara, I do not doubt it. But yes, is a great tool and can be used to do great websites, fast, simple, clear and also permit to do a lot of design.
Cheers
Excellent Verissimo. Great post. My compliments on the website. Well done!
~Bill