Quote Originally Posted by inabottle View Post
I know it been a long while since I've posted anything. I don't get many opportunities to use Xara in my work but sometimes I do. I often use Xara to create SVG files that can be converted into 3D shapes in Maya, and use it to create height information for creating texture maps. I used Xara in this image to create the mask for the pattern on the top of the elevator and exported SVG files used to cut out the shapes in the wood on the two front panels. Wish I could use Xara more, but I try to work it into my workflow the best I can. Hope you enjoy.
I feel you. I often have to deal with other artists using the Adobe suite, so I do as much as I can on my end to do file conversions so I can keep using Xara as much as I can. Often I end up using PDF format since it also deals with vectors and can be imported into Illustrator and/or Photoshop. I do have to limit what kinds of Xara features I can use (for instance, masking shapes often don't work the same in Illustrator as Xara, especially when using strokes), so I do have to make some concessions.

Either way, that's a really creative use of Xara and it looks really nice. Are you saying that's a 3D image or is that a photo? If it's 3D it's ridiculously convincing!