Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara pro upgrade pricing problem

Sure, everyone decides for him/herself whether the additional features are worth the upgrade price.

Maowhahaha! Got the offer to work eventually! Had to NOT login to my account, and use my old Xara Pro X11 licence key to activate the upgrade offer to Xara 365, and not use my Xara 365 licence key... go figure! Still, happy bunny now!

Shop and save! Since my Xara DPX is out of service, I thought that I would take a look to see if I was getting the same offer as you. A month ago, the upgrade/extension price was 149$ Can, today it's 119$.

In my case, I found this both on the Magix site and by clicking on Upgrade on the recurring message at Xara startup.

I have until Aug. 8 to decide.

Thanks for mentioning this special deal.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

So I got the upgrade reminder in Xara today and selected the Upgrade Link in the program, select my Country US, and there it indicates $99.00 until 8-8. I'm like cool I'l bite. I login and it says 129. So I did what Rover did and used my old serial number and did not sign in - Boom $99.
    Dave Zubrowski

Just watch out that you don't get a nasty surprise if you use PayPal. I had the right price sorted to AU$129.00, but when I went though to PayPal I saw that they had USD129.00!!! It's like a minefield.

Magix also seem to be a bit unsure whether they're including Vegas Movie Studio 16 or Magix Movie Edit Pro in the deal, so if you're expecting to get one or the other carefully check all the details along the way before you hit the pay button.

@Magix, you appear to be penalising loyalty.

Why am I surprised?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

why are we not surprised - they want those pre-subscription accounts on the treadmill
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by jaydear View Post
    Magix also seem to be a bit unsure whether they're including Vegas Movie Studio 16 or Magix Movie Edit Pro in the deal, so if you're expecting to get one or the other carefully check all the details along the way before you hit the pay button.
    In the email offer I got it said Vegas Studio, but when I received the receipt the link was to MAGIX Movie Edit Pro. I already have that, but an older version. So which is better (and is this latest version of Movie Edit)?

Quote Originally Posted by TaoZen View Post
    In the email offer I got it said Vegas Studio, but when I received the receipt the link was to MAGIX Movie Edit Pro. I already have that, but an older version. So which is better (and is this latest version of Movie Edit)?
    I have used Movie Edit Pro Plus/Premium for the past 3 years. So really prefered that over the Vegas Studio license. Although I believe it is the very basic version so not sure the actual value to me. I did send a request to Sales for an upgrade quote to go to Plus or Premium.

Would be so much smarter of Magix to give me a credit to use on any Magix or Xara product I would actually like to have.
    Last edited by onlye; 09 August 2019 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaoZen View Post
    ... is this latest version of Movie Edit)?
    Maybe not. When you use the free add-ons Magix will immediately start offering you upgrades