Yes, agreed, patience is not a virture I have! Sometime in the late 1990's, I was looking at some 3D software, really wanting to try one out, but most were way out of my price range. Raydream Studio, quite low end compared to most was still $500. Then an attorney client of my graphic design studio, asked if I could create a 30 second animation of an accident in 3D. I considered what I needed, got a rough price of what that might cost a client, and reduced it to 10%, which was $1200. Here I was pricing a service, when I didn't even know how to use 3D at all. The client accepting the cost, "authorized me" to spend the $500 and I got Raydream, with a 30 day deadline on the project. I ordered Raydream and spent the first 2 weeks pulling my hair out, trying to wrap my brain around working in 3D, and eventually "figured it out". So I spent the next week and a half designing the animation, and the last days trying to render a 640 x 480 pixel, 30 second animation at 1 frame a second. It took three days to render that out - then I discovered that the shadows were too dark. So I adjusted the light level, to lower the shadow saturation and rendered it again, for another 3 days. After I was done, I submitted to the client and he was pleased, and paid me!

Since that time I tried a bunch of different 3D programs, some over $1000 with annual licenses, those I only spent 1 years worth and didn't renew. I used to Nichimen Nendo as a $20 subdivisional surface modeler, and learned to become expert in it. Nendo is gone, but Wings 3D is based on the same code, so it's almost the same program - some things it cannot do, but others it can, and I'm expert modeling most anything out of it. Vue Creator was just the most affordable option I could do right, which is $20 a month on a subscription. While there are certainly better 3D terrain generators than Vue, still that software is used in movie/television VFX, which is good enough for me. I found it easy to grasp, but then I do have 20+ years experience using other 3D software, to get me moving quickly. I need something to create quality illustrations for my various publishing projects. Xara is just fine for me to create professional maps for the gaming industry, but my normal art is hit or miss. 3D solves my current needs and why I use it.