I think the video shows enough to get the idea what to do - but then I am reasonably familiar with the interface, and watched it on a 22" screen (with the sound muted!).

Maybe this tutorial would have been better planned out and presented as a static step-by-step list of illustrated actions, but that’s probably more effort than just making a screen recording.

There are a few other people that make tutorial videos. I quite like the ones by Isabel Illustration (Isabel Aracama) which often have her chatting away explaining what she’s doing and why. I also like Egg’s for the same reason!

I agree that The TG forum is friendly and helpful, but like others I do wish that Xara themselves would contribute more to the discussions, particularly when it’s about a specific issue that only Xara can answer - like when are we going to get the next update?

There’s a lot to like about Affinity Designer, but PGD/DPX still remain fast, versatile design tools for those (Windows users) lucky enough to come across them.