Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It is now November 14th. Our beta copies of Xara X will be disabled on the 20th - less than a week! And I have started producing artwork and webs with it! Will the Cavalry from Camelot come in time to save us all???

KN
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

It is now November 14th. Our beta copies of Xara X will be disabled on the 20th - less than a week! And I have started producing artwork and webs with it! Will the Cavalry from Camelot come in time to save us all???

KN
    K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)

You are not the only one worried. I too am producing files for commercial use and will be exporting them out by the end of the week if I don't hear from Xara themselves. Curiously they do not have an E-mail address for suggestions of improvements, only bug reports for the beta version.

Or another beta will pop-up, that runs till 20 december / january [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

gr,Rick.
    --
    http://www.GraphicsBoard.com

Hi Rico,
    Do you actually know this or are you just wishin'.
    I also have several large drawing created in X and using the new X features, so can't realy go back to 2.0. These are part of an ongoing project that builds on previous work so converting to other formatts is not really an option. If a new beta comes out thats Ok, but I would rather get the released version and get off the bubble.
    John

I am not wishing that but If I look at the modification list posted here in the newsgroup, I expect they need more time..

So I think there will be a new beta or a full version with a update patch later..

Gr, Rick
    http://www.graphicsboard.com

Hello Graphics Smelter,

here is the address for the suggestions and improvements: cxsuggest@xara.com
    Friendly yours,
    ivan

Hello

In a previous post Kate Moir of Xara said that Xara would always have a working version available,until XaraX is released.

She wrote

"The new beta expires on November 20th. You shouldn't read too much into that, it's simply a month on from the file date, same as the last beta. But I can confirm that we would always ensure that there is a current working version.

Kate"

Mike Engles

[This message was edited by mike engles on November 14, 2000 at 12:43 PM.]

It's a pain to have to continually download betas, especially for those of us who have a slow connection.

Maybe they should make the next beta good for three months or so. I doubt that would stop anyone from buying the final release. People could download later betas if they wanted to. Or they could keep using the 3 month version.

Marcus Geduld
    { email me } { visit me }
    Marcus Geduld
    { email me } { visit me }

Thanks, Mike, that's reassuring.

Klaus
    K