Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Creating a 3D image from imported PNG with transparent background

By far the simplest method would be to use Xara3D 7. I take it you have the font you're used creating the effect? Import your PS generated alpha png (Avoid using shadows). On a layer above it reproduce the text to match the size & position. Convert text to editable shapes. Create 1x1px sizing pixels aligned to top left & bottom right of the PS png. Select both sizing pixels and the text shape/s. Ctrl + 1 to add shapes and copy.

Open Xara 3D 7 and paste. Next open the texture options and import your PS generated alpha png. The texture should fit the shape exactly.

I didn't have the font you used so I had to draw it, thus only used 'Gold' missing out the 'Text' bit. Export the animation or still as required. Animations limited to 256 if gif used. Attached a full colour jpg still.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gold-still.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	120418  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host