Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designer Pro X10 - Can't escape death spiral

I was in the middle of a large and complex render with a Photoshop filter I have used successfully in the past -- when my laptop crashed. Now whenever I launch DP X10, the program wants to return to the task it was doing at the time, only this time Xara hangs. Is there any way I can get a clean boot of the program that doesn't seek to open any files from previous sessions? Is my only option to uninstall and reinstall?

Thanks in advance, Bud

Default Re: Designer Pro X10 - Can't escape death spiral

You can try to locate the backup files and delete these. On my computer it's C: users: Gary > App Data > Local > Xara > (your product) > Backups

Xara installs from the last backup. So deleting these, or at least the backups from the last few days, should get you past this.

Thanks, Gary. That did the trick!

If anyone else gets this problem, some advice--do a search in your Users directory for a folder named Backups. It was much easier in my case than browsing through the tree structure for it, which was how I started.

If anyone else gets this problem, some advice--do a search in your Users directory for a folder named Backups.
    Ah, yes, why did I not think of that?