Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Serif's Affinity

Hi Marc

rare yes - my point...

I see vector drawing as a minority sport, preserve of designers mostly or animators; 'ordinary' people, and artists in the non-designer sense, tend to like drawing in raster because it is feels more 'natural than building with shapes in a way that has it's roots in CAD

serif saw a market in providing a [very much] cheaper alternative to adobe for those designers that did not need all illustrator/photoshop provide, that was bang up to date having been redesigned from the ground up... not sure that is a trick that can be repeated having been done once

things are evolving.. lots of new online drawing apps of one sort or another - xara is very keen to prioritise online designer - but desktop designer remains a 'quirky' app in a sense.. those who love it, love it... but as I understand it is really only bringing in new customers by virtue of it's web designing side, and that market is evolving for sure... apparently xara cannot even put together a responsive website in the true sense of the term... so it remains to be seen what happens there in a tough market

serif are bringing out a beta affinity pagemaker - due early next year -really looking forward to that

no they have more sense I think than to try their luck in the website sector - it is already looking saturated... wordpress is evolving nicely....

EDIT: They are calling it AFFINITY PUBLISHER not pagemaker...
    Last edited by handrawn; 27 December 2017 at 03:33 PM. Reason: clarity