Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi, anyone had this problem? After setting up a template for use in FP, clicking Save & Exit it just appears as a small square with a red cross in the FP page

Hi, anyone had this problem? After setting up a template for use in FP, clicking Save & Exit it just appears as a small square with a red cross in the FP page

Hi Dave,

Welcome to Talkgraphics... I would suggest going thrue the tutorials that come with MM. There is one just on the FP and Dreamweaver integration. I think you are supposed to open MM from within FP.

Hi John

I have been using MM with FP for about 9 months and have so far built 3 sites. The problem came when I tried to update a site. To start with it went OK - http://www.paxkom.co.uk/matthew_dvd.htm
    If I try to either cut and paste the menu to other pages or go Insert-MM I get the small red cross which does not appear on the published pages. Frustrating.

Hello bob,

the small red cross just means the browser can not find the graphic that should be shown in that spot. It seems that the graphic is on your computer but FP can not find it.

I would open FP and then call MM to insert the menubar, and then loading the saved menubar. IF you can not find it, try rebuilding it and naming it "liteup"

Hi John

Tried that. It works for a new FP page but not for existing ones. In both cases I can se it in the HTML vew. I notice that the MM insertion is grey in HTML view. Is that significant?

Hi

Have a look at my site. Ihave managed to get about the pages showing my revised meny bar by deleting the published site and also creating a new menu bar. The pages without menu bars all show that a menu bar should be present in the Source view

Any sugestions?

Hi bob,

It looks like you do not have enough room in your table to fit your menubar so the broswer is not displaying it on the udder pages...

Persoanlly, i would use notepad to edit one of the pages that does not show the menubar and change the border to 1 instead of 0 for the tables containing the menubar. See how much room you really have. The calls for matthew_vhs and matthew_dvd look identical so I would look at the box (table) holding the bar...

Hi John
    The answer was to copy each FP page (after deleting the MB) Paste into a new page, delete the original, paste in the revised MB then save the page as the original name.

Thanks

Bob

so the format of the rest of the page is what kept the nav bar from showing up. Uncommon but logical.