Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Shadows

I was working on a series of figures for a flyer and wanted them all to have the same shadow.

I worked with the first one, got the shadow the way I wanted it and went on to the second. I found that the shadow tool saved all the settings from my first figure except for the blur which always reverts to 6. Is there a good reason for this? It would have saved me some time if the blur had been saved from the last operation along with the other settings.

Mickie

I was working on a series of figures for a flyer and wanted them all to have the same shadow.

I worked with the first one, got the shadow the way I wanted it and went on to the second. I found that the shadow tool saved all the settings from my first figure except for the blur which always reverts to 6. Is there a good reason for this? It would have saved me some time if the blur had been saved from the last operation along with the other settings.

Mickie

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I agree - that would be helpful. Furthermore, I wish that after a wall shadow is dragged into position, subsequent uses of the tool would be like this: Select object>click shadow tool>click wall shadow -- the shadow would be positioned the same as the previous one. And of course it would have the same transparency & blur as Mickie suggests.

Regards, Ross

RIGHT ON!

Yesterday I used this semi-successful method. It works depending upon the graphic. Same principle could be used for beveling.

Put objects with the same desired shadow properties on the same layer so they can be easily selected.

Make that layer the only selectable layer. Do a "select all" and then apply your shadow. If you need to change a shadow attribute you may have to "select all", remove the existing shadows, and reapply a new shadow style.

If you think you will need to change the shadow color, then you may have to group the objects first before using the shadow tool.

John

John,
    That's a good suggestion for next time. After applying the shadow, you can select them individually and change attributes. In my case, each figure had a different color shadow so it would have worked well.

Mickie