Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: PHP not working on mobile version of Responsive Web Design - please help!

Does the php work in the desktop variant Heather?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: PHP not working on mobile version of Responsive Web Design - please help!

Yes it does

So what happens if you delete the Main variant and just leave a mobile variant. Does that load correctly? I say that as I suspect there is a problem loading between the variants. It occurs with forms sometimes. Are you loading the page using php or htm?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it.

I'm just making supper for the kids and haven't had a chance to try deleting the main variant, but I'd say that I don't see that this is a loading problem since I'm just viewing the file that Xara has created when I've exported the website to my local filesystem, that I've then FTP'd up to the server, and what I pasted above is the contents of the level1.php file before it has been loaded by the browser. Surely the problem is what Xara is generating?

My thinking is that on requesting the site from the server it might be executing the php before deciding on the viewport size. By just experimenting with only a single mobile size variant does the menu display as expected on a mobile.You never said whether it's uploaded as .php or .html with php placeholders.
    Egg

I'm not requesting the site from the server though - I'm just viewing the level1.php file using notepad? Sorry, it's an html file with php placeholders.

A wee update - this seems to be a problem with the Pure theme - at least, that's the theme I'm using. The mobile variant that's automatically created by the theme seems to create an image from a php placeholder, which means that it can never display correctly when called from the server. When I change the mobile variant width to 560px and create a new variant of 480px width, the php is correctly included in the page and displays correctly in the browser.