Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Another Update This Morning

Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post
    O.K. not much and if bugfixes, then welcome.
    But I (and a bunch more of designers here) want more improvements in vector drawing tools. The suggestion for this are overall in TalkGraphics. Why don't comunicate Xara herein what are the plans for the future?

Xara, You see what we artists can do with Your software, but I'll not stay on a state back 10 Years ago in vectorgraphic. Today are the competitors in front. Only my love to Xara hold me to do the subscription.

If there will be an update every 3 or 6 month with improvements in vector things (not only jq-scripts for thing we can do by hand) then I'll welcome this. And I believe many other in this forum and outside too.
    I could not agree more with you!

10 years ago, Xara was top of the line in vector graphics. Now it's just "meh" and almost every competitor does things better. Even the way cheaper and free ones.
    Xara is leaning more and more towards their inferior, non-standard and - to me - less than useless "website creation".

The subscription model is moot too.
    NOTHING new and valuable has been added ever after initial release. And what I sure don't need are more ugly and outdated templates for things I never use.

A program that calls itself "Designer Pro" should drop the whole webstuff and concentrate on better design tools. Xara seems to have no interest in designers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post

10 years ago, Xara was top of the line in vector graphics. Now it's just "meh" and almost every competitor does things better. Even the way cheaper and free ones.
    Xara is leaning more and more towards their inferior, non-standard and to me more than horrible "website creation".

NOTHING new and valuable has been added ever after initial release. And what I sure don't need are more ugly and outdated templates for things I never use.

A program that calls itself "Designer Pro" should drop the whole webstuff and concentrate on better design tools. Xara seems to have no interest in designers though.
    Hallo Wolfgang,
    bin ganz Deiner Meinung. – I totally agree with your opinion.

I suspect they are working hard on the Online Editor so that one day they will drop the desktop program altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchim View Post
    I suspect they are working hard on the Online Editor so that one day they will drop the desktop program altogether.
    This would be a great sadness ... that day I probably get drunk from a grief.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post
    Hallo Wolfgang,
    bin ganz Deiner Meinung. – I totally agree with your opinion.
    1+

i remember a time when xara 2.0 did crash once or two times a year!
    THIS IS NO JOKE !
    And the xara did ask before crashing, "Do you want to safe?"

Today it crashes one or two times a day.
    Also no joke. ;-(

I also dont need this www stuff.
    But still xara is the best vector prog on the market ...
    and its has an autobackup ...
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

Quote Originally Posted by rsrsrs View Post
    Today it crashes one or two times a day.
    Also no joke. ;-(

I also dont need this www stuff.
    But still xara is the best vector prog on the market ...
    and its has an autobackup ...
    Me too. I don't think mine crashes so much as constantly quits working and needs to close.
    EDIT; Am seriously considerning going back to 11
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post

Xara is leaning more and more towards their inferior, non-standard and - to me - less than useless "website creation".

I was first attracted to Xara because of the vector drawing capability. Until now, I have not looked elsewhere. Any Web stuff is extra baggage in the Vector program for me. I create Web pages, using other HTML/CSS editors. I would love to see Xara concentrate more on vector drawing improvements, features and additional tools. Although I am not a professional designer, I have paid for several Xara programs, only to find the improvements/additions were only Web-related. If Xara has stopped working on the vector side of its editor, then I don't think I can justify further purchases - especially if it is cloud-based. I live in a rural area and my Web connection is sketchy.

Is the only way to get bug fixes for last years bought edition to purchase the latest version?