Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Risto -

There are benefits of being a Beta tester... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/cool.gif Your X¹ is unlocked because your beta was unlocked. This is the correct behaviour.

AlexL

Er... why can't I just buy a CD of X1, like before? Why all this rigmarole? The trial version says I need more files (XML v4, for starters) and then says it can't download it. I do have a firewall (Sygate) but it's never stopped me or any program from downloading anything.

Anton
    Anton

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anton:
    Er... why can't I just buy a CD of X1, like before? Why all this rigmarole? The trial version says I need more files (XML v4, for starters) and then says it can't download it. I do have a firewall (Sygate) but it's never stopped me or any program from downloading anything. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Anton -

When X¹ is released to the general public, then you will be able to purchase a CD version from the xara.com website as normal.

As the software gets developed, new technologies are used, and XML is one that we have introduced recently, hence the need for XML v4. You can download and install this manually from xara.com or microsoft.com. If you do this, then the installer will not need to download it. If you are using Windows XP, then you will be able to install without any additional downloads; if you are using an older version, then the installer will need to download an additional component: GDI+. If this is the case, you will need to ensure that your firewall is allowing access to the downloads.xara.com site. If you have further problems, please ask.

AlexL

Xpedite Guest

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alexbozhenov:
    Please notice that Picture Editor menus have wrong appearance on the right sides... See Attached image. It seems as repeated background http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

I have 1600 x 1200 resolution.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The public release of the Xara X1 trial download is now available from http://www.xara.com and includes a fix for XPE UI rendering with the "large fonts" display setting (this is the cause of this problem). This fix will also be on the CD.

I see that Charles mentioned that there is file thumbnail preview built in. Does that work from outside the program too? I gues what I'm asking is whether I can uninstall the Xara standalone thumbnail viewer program that I got from XaraZone. The less programs and DLLs I have lurking on my boxen the happier I am.
    Thanks. Full version ordered today.

Yes you can uninstall the old stand-alone thumbnail viewer - that was not entirely stable in some circumstances anyway. Xara X does this itself now and yes if you select the thumbnail view option it provides thumbnail viewing for all File Explorer windows, not just within Xara X.

Cool - thanks Charles.

Yes, very nice Charles and Co. More good stuff!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

When you install Xara X¹, it registers the new thumbnail viewer, so the old one is not used anymore, so you can safely remove it.

Note that the thumbnail viewer provided by Xara also gives a cleaner thumbnail image in Windows Explorer.

AlexL

OK, I got the firewall problem when trying to install XaraX1, as it was looking for GDI+. I have since gone to Microsoft's site and downloaded the file. The readme.txt note states that the .dll file needs to reside in the directory of the application, not the Windows\System directory. So where do I now put the .dll file so that the installer can access it?

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.