Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi,
    I was happily working on my latest masterpiece when Xara started acting strangely. No matter how i tried I could not get the fill to fill with anything other than a bitmap. I realised this was a fault in Xara and undid back to where I thought Xara had been behaving and saved the file. I reloaded Xara and tried to open the file but I get the error "Spurious internal error has occured"

Has anyone else had this problem and have I lost all my work?
    Thanks
    Richie

Hi,
    I was happily working on my latest masterpiece when Xara started acting strangely. No matter how i tried I could not get the fill to fill with anything other than a bitmap. I realised this was a fault in Xara and undid back to where I thought Xara had been behaving and saved the file. I reloaded Xara and tried to open the file but I get the error "Spurious internal error has occured"

Has anyone else had this problem and have I lost all my work?
    Thanks
    Richie

Hello Richie,

Hate to tell you that you have lost your work... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif I have had it happen to me once or twice. The scary part is that it may happen even though nothing seems wrong (you simply save the file, and when you later go to open it, the file will be corrupt.) The only workaround would be to save you work in stages (differene files...) And to be 100% sure that nothing is wrong - save your final image twice, and make sure it opens ok before exiting your drawing.

If you do a search on "spurious" in this forum, and perhaps the gallery, you will find some threads about it.

One thing to watch out for is to be sure you don't have two copies of Xara open at the sametime. Be sure to check Windows Task Bar if things seem to acting funny while using Xara.

Thanks for your comments Risto. I feared that I may have lost the work. I managed to recover half of it from when I was working on my laptop but I still have lost about 6 hours work. I will do as you say and back the file up regularly.

Thanks for advice John. I will remember that:-)

Richie

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

John,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Be sure to check Windows Task Bar if things seem to acting funny while using Xara. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Other programs check if there is already another instance open and refuse to load a second one. This option would be a very nice feature for one of the next releases!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Agree with that Jens
    I have my default program for bitmaps as XaraX. Not to bad with normal files but when I scan it insists on loading a new copy of XaraX each time !!!
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Richie,

Scratch my: ... save your final image twice, and make sure it opens ok before exiting your drawing.

Looking at the John's reply, I would have to say that maybe having multiple instances open is the cause for the problem?

I can't remember if I did or not... (it's been a while, and it hasn't happened more than a couple of time.) Can you remember if you had two instances of the app open at the same time?

No Risto I definitely only had one copy loaded. It happened after the fill tool started playing up (it would only fill with a bitmap, if I did a flat fill the bitmap was still there but faint)
    It would be nice as Jens says if Xara checked to see if it was already loaded. This is not difficult to program.

Thanks for all your comments

Richie

My suggestion: work with numbered files. That is, save your work as Masterpiece1.xar, Masterpiece2.xar, Masterpiece3.xar, etc. each hour or so. Thus you won't risk losing everything. You have also the advantage of being able to go back if you need something you have erased.

When you are finished, just zip or delete the old files. I prefer to zip everything because disk space costs nothing these days.
    Rubem Pechansky