Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default I purchased 1 week ago Web Designer Premium and can't access online content catalog

I tried to contact Xara Support twice ... no answer, no automatic email or ticket...
    I also tried to reinstall the software - from scratch - and I keep receiving the same message:
    "An error has occured on the script of this page
    Line: 2
    Char: 2055
    Error: object expected
    Code: 0
    URL: http://downloadsv12xara/web/shared/vendor/dot.min.js".
    My OS is Windows 7/ 64, upgraded.
    Please help!

Default Re: I purchased 1 week ago Web Designer Premium and can't access online content catal

Welcome to TalkGraphics Irina

The first thing to try is always, close the program. Right click on the program icon and select Run as Administrator. This either will work or it won't and you only need to try it one time. If not check back and I will try to get someone from Xara to check this thread.

You can also file a support ticket at https://support.xara.com

Default Re: I purchased 1 week ago Web Designer Premium and can't access online content catal

Hi Irina,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the Content Catalogue.

This error message is normally a symptom of Internet Explorer being out of date, can you try updating IE through the normal windows update procedure and try to access it again?

Xara uses IE protocols to connect to the internet and download content which is why it's important it's kept up to date.

Thanks
    Rob

Thanks for both answers!
    It was the Internet Explorer.
    I use Firefox and occasionally Chrome. My IE was, indeed, (very) outdated.
    Now everything is fine

Thanks for the confirmation Irina. This seems to be causing to many issues recently. It's about time Xara moved from this IE dependency.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

it should not make any difference unless someone is not keeping their windows system uptodate - and if not that can have far worse implications ... lots of things use the IE protocols, not just xara
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...