Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Remove page spacing for continuous text?

I'm using Xara Designer Pro X.

I'm making a simple web page with paragraphs of text that are longer than the typical page. I first tried doing multiple pages, but the page spacing completely disrupts the flow of the text on the screen (using supersite vertical). I then tried stretching the page to fit my text, as well as the text window. It displays properly, but the text won't auto-adjust to browser window size. If I use supersite page transitions and scale to fit, the whole page is fitted to the screen, not the text.

What I need is continuous text without page breaks that auto-scales to web browser window size. Is this even possible with Xara Designer Pro X?
    Last edited by cgfiend; 15 May 2017 at 04:01 AM.

Default Re: Remove page spacing for continuous text?

Hey,

Can you show us an example or share .web file?

cgfiend

Welcome to TalkGraphics

In Designer Pro you can make variants, usually a main desktop browser and a mobile variant are sufficient. If a person is using a tablet or phone to view your site they will see the mobile variant. If they are using a table in the landscape position or a laptop or desktop computer they will see the larger variant.

There is a scale to fit option with SuperSites but this scales the entire page to fit the browser and so for what you are asking is not the solution.

Variants are the way to go. And a vertical supersite will let your visitors scroll through the pages without the need for navigation bars.

In Web Export Options for a vertical Supersite, there is an option to set the space between pages to zero.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat