Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do you paste an Autocad dwg into Xara Designer Pro X in proportion??

I have just recently upgraded to Xara Designer Pro X having previously used Xara Xtreme 2..... things have really moved on. I mainly use Xara for Colouring up Architectural Plans and Elevations. I am having trouble pasting a Dwg straight from AutoCad into Xara without it totally distorting i never had this issue with my previous version. It doesn't have to be to scale but just in proportion and not all stretched, i have tried pasting it as an Enhanced Meta File like i used to do but like i said it's distorted. i know i could bring it in as PDF or Jpeg but i can't edit the lines that way. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: How do you paste an Autocad dwg into Xara Designer Pro X in proportion??

Hi Hallie,
    I can't afford AutoCad but use Inventor from the same company. The way that I do it is to save the drawing as an svg file and import it into Design Pro and they come in the correct size. Sorry don't know and wouldn't try to bring it in using copy & paste as things like circles are a pain to edit when I have tried it that way.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Default Re: How do you paste an Autocad dwg into Xara Designer Pro X in proportion??

Hi Hallie,

Exporting your Autocad file as PDF should work, the objects opens as editable vectors in Xara.

Marc

I open Autocad files as PDF and I have had not problems editing them with Xara ver 12.

Ray

Thanks for your help