Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Painter books

I just got delivery of 2 books no one should be without.

They look fantastic,especially the parts explaining what steps each artist took in each program to do a particular project.

1-Photoshop,Painter, and Illustrator Side-by-Side

2-The Painter Wow Book ( recommended by a few people on this forum)

What are we going to do without these forums??

I'm a Xara user,I stumbled into Painter here only because of how the forums are set up.

IP

I just got delivery of 2 books no one should be without.

They look fantastic,especially the parts explaining what steps each artist took in each program to do a particular project.

1-Photoshop,Painter, and Illustrator Side-by-Side

2-The Painter Wow Book ( recommended by a few people on this forum)

What are we going to do without these forums??

I'm a Xara user,I stumbled into Painter here only because of how the forums are set up.

IP

Robin,

In the last few weeks, have you been coming back to the Photoshop, Painter, Illustrator side by side book for ideas and advice? It sounds like a great concept for a book.

I know that books in the WoW series are always worth the price. But as I think Rosebytes said in her now vaporized posting, we can't always afford every book out there. So, now that you've had the book a while, what do you think?

I had agreed with Rosebytes but for some reason she's vaporized most of her postings in this forum. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, thanks for mentioning the books.

Athena

[This message was edited by T. Athena Hatton on October 13, 2000 at 09:02 AM.

[This message was edited by T. Athena Hatton on October 13, 2000 at 09:08 AM.]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Athena - this book is incredible.
    I'm lazy, I admit it. I go from program to program trying to find the easiest & fastest ways to do my work. I have spent more time researching what the best program is to do a certain task, than I have actually spent creating the artwork. (How embarrassing for me to admit that.)

Well, thanks to this book, I know longer have the excuse to do that, as far as Painter, Photoshop & Illustrator are concerned.

"Side by side" helps you decide in which program you can do each task most easily. It explains with color-coded tables, how to use each feature/command & the differences between the procedure for each program-(this alone is worth the price of the book).

Even the (color) examples are color-coded,so you can immediately see which program produced it.
    And it has LOTS of color examples of the artwork produced by each program,and also how the different toolbars/palettes appear for the different commands.

I honestly haven't finished it yet, there is so much infomation. This will be an onging read/reference work for me. It also has a Web site to go with it,that will always have updated information as a new version of each program comes out.

I love her no-holds-barred style of telling you exactly which program she prefers for what function & why. She also has a gallery of artists at the end that explain how they produced their work using multiple programs.

My advice - Spend the money & get it!
    IP