Ernie's post is 100% correct.

Yes, monitors can/do display differently. Even calibrated monitors. And calibration needs to be done periodically. Even the light in a room affects color on both calibrated and non-calibrated monitors. And yep, the next step in the print chain--the print service--is responsible for then using calibrated equipment. Something that cheap print establishments generally do not have and so it is in part a crap shoot using them.

But that is all beside the point I and Ernie made. Xara products, being non-color managed applications, cannot and do not display color in an accurate manner. Which is why I also use color books if there is a need and/or use known values. And I do get accurate color. It just isn't intuitive nor something one doesn't need to think about if color is important. Ernie's example (50,50,0,0) is a mild example of the differences between having the so-called Print colors option turned on.

The only means of obtaining on-screen accurate color is using a color managed application. Which would you rather trust using Ernie's color example?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-001009.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	117050

I know which I would trust for an on-screen representation. Now, that all said, the color from CorelDraw and XDP is the same in Acrobat as long as the same output conditions occur:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-001010.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	117051

However, one wouldn't know that without opening the resulting PDF(s) in a color managed application such as Acrobat or Reader (but preferably Acrobat).

Mike