Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Widget scrollbar question...

I'm using the "Embed a website widget" widget to insert a contact form (I have my own form builder), as well as a couple other scripts, and I don't want scrollbars for the widgets.

I can't seem to find an option to turn them off anywhere, either during the widget install or in the program itself. Only the option to turn off the main program scrollbars.

I know I can turn them off in the embedded iFrame code, which I have, but I wondered if I'm missing an easier option somewhere that I haven't found?

Thanks...

Default Re: Widget scrollbar question...

Two things to try. Stretch the placeholder downwards a bit. It will redraw and then preview the page.

If this does not work then see if in the body code there is a dimension and if so increase this dimension and then preview to see if this helps.

Hi Gary, thanks for the reply.

I had already tried stretching the object down (quite a lot), but that didn't remove the horizontal scroll bar. Stretching the object to the side eventually removed the bar, but it was way off the page. The contact form is responsive, and correctly displayed on the page, but the object bounding box was much wider than the form itself. I've found that to be true in this program for most objects - text, shapes, etc. For some reason the bounding box is always larger than the actual object itself.

There is no dimension set in the code, but it's a relatively easy fix just going into the body code and setting scrollbars to "no". I just thought (or was hoping) there might be an option for it somewhere.

No big deal, I'll just have to always remember to modify the code. Thanks again...

No big deal, I'll just have to always remember to modify the code. Thanks again...
    Having the memory of a gnat these days, I leave a note on the pasteboard to remind me of things like this.

I do the same kind of thing, notes on the side and above the page for things like this, image sizes for slideshows for when I need to add/replace, and anything else I know I'll be trying to remember at some point.

It would seem that old age and good short term memory are somewhat incompatible...

It would seem that old age and good short term memory are somewhat incompatible...
    Totally in my case!
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host