Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Screen Resolution of Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 365

SOLVED!

Okay, everyone...get ready for FUN MICROSHAFTERY....

Microsoft thinks they can read your mind and make settings for you behind the scenes with every piece of software you run. Xara is not exempt from this. Sometimes they're right, but in my experience, most times they are wrong.

Here's is another case of it.

To get Xara (and every other program that has this issue with blurry text), right click the program, select PROPERTIES.

In the compatibility tab, there's an option in the settings box:
    "DISABLE DISPLAY SCALING FOR HIGH DPI DISPLAY"

Check that box.

Apply the setting.

Run your application and viola, it's like your computer is normal again.

This makes your programs extra cooler if you do an 'up yours' fist when while the splash screen is loading in full crispy clarity.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

this function has to be on or off and the default MS have chosen has absolutely nothing to do with trying to read anyone's mind and make settings for them; rather it is the most suitable setting for most of their target customners

the only MICROSHAFTERY I see here is the sort that pokes fun at MS for no good reason; there is no substitutes for rtfm and anyone [seting themselves up as any kind of expert] who installs/uses a program should always consider the compatibility options
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    this function has to be on or off and the default MS have chosen has absolutely nothing to do with trying to read anyone's mind and make settings for them; rather it is the most suitable setting for most of their target customners

the only MICROSHAFTERY I see here is the sort that pokes fun at MS for no good reason; there is no substitutes for rtfm and anyone [seting themselves up as any kind of expert] who installs/uses a program should always consider the compatibility options
    Lol, RTFM? Where is this at? Microsoft's unnavigatable help system which requires knowing specifically what to ask before getting an answer? I'm just sayin', if it was so 'easy' as RTFM is suggested here, this post would not have even existed. They're a company with a history of pushing hardware sales of their partners, bloating a system with unnecessary components for 95% of users, and arguably haven't done anything innovative since the 70's and have singlehandedly, imo, ruined the trajectory of the entire computer software industry with their business practices and shoddy OS architecture. I got beef. And yeah, if you go through just a few of these questions here about the Xara software, there's more than just the odd question that actually is a fault of the OS and not that of Xara...yet Xara's probably going to take the hit in appearance because the underlying architecture IS so disturbingly bad. But pardon me for having an opinion. Didn't realize they were shunned here. You won't hear me talk about poor little multibilliondollar companies who sell bad products again.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

Quote Originally Posted by hseiken View Post
    But pardon me for having an opinion. Didn't realize they were shunned here. You won't hear me talk about poor little multibilliondollar companies who sell bad products again.
    We have no problem with back-chat other than it invariably distracts from the thrust of the Thread. You have suggested a solution to the blurriness some experience; report that and separately feel free to rant about MS or anything in the Off-topic Chat forum.

For your solution, it took me a while to realise that your "right click the program, select PROPERTIES" actually meant find the actual program executable so one has to follow a Shortcut's Properties and use the Open File Location button to highlight the program...

Thank you for sharing.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

@hseiken - I found what you suggested using google very quickly - you do need to ask it the right questions of course - but that is not to say there was no point in you posting it and as Acorn said, thanks for sharing

rtfm is, amongst other things, a eupherism for get to know the tools you use - personally I don't see windows being anymore difficult in this respect than mac OS X or the more common flavours of linux - often it is just a case of taking an interest and getting used to how something works over a period of time

I wouldn't use windows for servers true... but then I would'nt use xara to build web sites ... there are strengths and weaknesses in most things
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...