Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Reworked my logo. Is it better or worse!

Another route with the wooden logo would be to use the effects painter and do a little dodging and burning. I also added a bit of colour toning in some areas to increase the readability.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	woodlogoeffects tool.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	116118  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by golash View Post
    Hi Acorn

I believe this shows the routered option. Did this some years ago on the CNC machine.
    In Brazilian rosewood. Too bad the piece of wood was just a bit short for the size of the logo.
    Maybe I could make another piece. Take a photo of it. Then paste it into the site.

Barry

Attachment 116045
    Personally I like this concept. To me it says woodworking. I like the raised look of the lettering along with some embossing. In my opinion the logo really didn't need the colors.
    As an alternative to making another piece you could create it with your software, you might not find the exact font but you could come close.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sorry Frances, you must have posted while I was typing. Good job, I like what you did.

EDIT: Now it definitely says woodworking.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi Everyone

Angelize, thanks for the great ideas. It is important to have color shading. It makes the logo pop.
    Thanks to all that helped with the logo. When I find time I will do another logo on the CNC.
    Some woods have nice natural contrast the issue is finding the right piece. May never find it.

Thanks Barry

nice work on the logo. really like the router cut version. It is warmer and speaks more to the topic than the blue/black version.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)