Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Password protected pages

Robert

If you use Xara Hosting, you can add password protection rather easily. See the bottom of the page of my first look review for Designer Pro X11. I am fairly certain this exists for WD365 as well. http://xaragroup.magix.net/XDP11/page-3.htm

I create a folder on the host using Filezilla, and upload the content.
    I log into the host dashboard and password-protect the folder.
    I update the website with the new information and publish it.

Thank you all for your help. Apologies also for not replying. My website took a major change in direction and I'm still to come back to this but I really appreciate your help.

Let us know how it turns out.

Have a look at this:

www.wikihow.com slash Password-Protect-a-Web-Page
    Last edited by Acorn; 13 June 2016 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Decoupled link - I would avoid this approach at all costs. It can be hacked in seconds.

actionit, that link shows a way of protecting a page that is very easy to bypass and should never be used to try and protect any resource of value.

Anything that relies on javascript for a security solution should be avoided for all but the most basic protection.

forresthowie doesn't say, but it's possible that password protection at an individual level - like a subscription - may be the aim, rather than a single password for all users to share. This would require a different approach to just password protecting a directory on the server.

I looked at Incomedia and found this:

Once you have created your shopping cart, you just include it in a Members' area in the website: customers have to register to obtain a login and password.

This would make me think that the password protection is more sophisticated than just protecting a directory via a single password for all users. It's maintaining a database of registered users and their password.

Will do and thank you once again!