Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
And one final note on the content for everyone. Don't forget there has always been the option of adding a back-up CD at the time of purchase for $10 extra. It includes a full copy of all the current content, not just the program itself.
Therein lies the rub. Can I buy this at renewal as well? Do I need to if I have used the Download All option on each Folder in the Online Designs Gallery?

I am guessing my way through a minefield at the moment as it is just not clear and I am really trying to explore all the areas that are rearing up.

For example, the information around what the Content Pack (Installer) actually delivers compared with the Download All option or the back-up CD option are truly vague.
Xara's is the first EULA I have had to examine in great detail as a hobbyist (I have done such professionally) and the 365 Day Update Guarantee paragraph is a bolt-on that has not been thought through.

A concrete example, where I now no longer have access to my purchased:

1. Template Pack 1
  2. Template Pack 2
  3. Widget Pack 1
  4. Web Pack 1
  5. Web Pack 2

Not in the Content Pack, not in the Online Content Catalogue, not in the Online Designs Gallery and, at a guess, not in a back-up CD.

(I am recording this detail and other bugs in http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...lling-Bug-List)

Acorn