Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Fantasy maps created using Xara Xtreme

Working on a Steam Punk Star Ship Deck Plan - HMSS Victoria, a 3 decked small passenger cruiser, the first of its kind, and the first star ship of the Imperial Space Fleet. A hydrogen burning steam engine fueled by condensed ice through an advanced process of hydrolysis creates hydrogen, steam power and breathable oxygen. In planetary atmosphere's, hydrogen inflates dirigible and it becomes an airship.

This is deck two - the operations deck with crew berth, bridge, navigation and engineering. This is a work-in-progress, as I need to create 2 other decks. Does this feel Victorian?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	victorian-deck-plan-work-in-progress-plus04.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	112026

I made a few changes, but here are the 3 decks I promised, plus a poop deck with deflated dirigibles attached ready to auto inflate in planetary atmospheres, thus this star ship becomes an airship.

Name:	victorian-deck-plan-topside.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	112030Click image for larger version. 

Name:	victorian-deck-plan-passenger-berth.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	112031Click image for larger version. 

Name:	victorian-deck-plan-operations-deck.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	112032Click image for larger version. 

Name:	victorian-deck-plan-cargo-hold.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	112033

I love the idea of a billiards table on a starship Great drawings.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, Egg!

I'm working with Louis Porter Jr of LPJ Designs, a creator of third party content for Pathfinder, in creating stock ship deck plans as a product intended for publishers of the many games utilizing ships of sail. Though there are many stock art products for game publishers, most are for cover designs and interior art as in character/monster illustrations and fantasy graphics. There currently aren't any stock art as maps - our project will be the first of its kind. I'm working on a frigate deck plan for the first product in the line.

Each product will include all decks of a given ship, and will come available in standard dress (typical furnishings of such a ship), and 3 variations depending on the type of ship. For example for the frigate deck plans I'm creating as the first product, as a ship of the line, will come in typical naval ship setup, with a royal flag ship version with more luxury items aboard, one with poop deck removed and guns added for a lighter, more heavily armed pirate version of the frigate, and a battle damaged one with broken masts, cannon ball holes, and a leaking cargo hold. Price is tentatively $29.97 - explained as one design free with 3 more designs at $9.99 each.

These ships will be designed in my photo-realistic style.

Here's the logo I designed for the product line.

Name:	stock_armada_logo.png 
Views:	177 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	112047

After some critiques and suggestions on an Art & Design board, I decided to approach the logo design from a different direction. One suggestion was despite the product being top down deck plans, depicting the logo as a top down view of a deck was not suggestive enough to mean that, but a side view might be stronger in relaying the point of the product involving sea going vessel products. What do you think?

Name:	stock_armada_logo_01.png 
Views:	322 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	112051

Maybe I'm trying too hard, but now I think there is too much white space with the oval...

Name:	stock-armada-logo-02.png 
Views:	268 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	112061

Micheal,

I like the look of the second logo. The first I picture more as a stamp on wine barrel.

However I am seeing a weird optical illusion with the bow of the boat as compared to the stern. I see the stern fine but the bow looks to be from the side. I played around with the logo and I think if you were to put a water line in and removed the keel and what was below the water it would correct the perspective.

Ray