Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: option for prospects to request reports by name

Quote Originally Posted by nobbyy View Post
    Hi all

Sorry to gatecrash this thread, but I am really interested in being able to create and use my own forms, and PHP may be the answer.

I would be happy to buy a license from the likes of jofrom, but my concern is that, from what i can see the form would only work whilst a license was in force, so say I decided that I did not use the service enough any forms that were on existing sites that I created would stop working when the license period ran out? Happy to be corrected on this if its not the case.

The other thing that draws me to a jotform type of service is the inclusion of security measures eg captcha - is a simple PHP form vulnerable to misuse?
    Nobby: no need to apologize on my account
    1. without a captcha, you risk receiving a lot of spam from robots
    2. i do not know how good it is, but coffeecup has a free formbuilder http://www.coffeecup.com/web-form-builder-lite/
    This is not the same as their regular one. i think u have to use their servers, and u may not be able to edit the code in the free version
    I mention that, because as the gurus here know, i edit a lot of code [grin].
    Leonard

Default Re: option for prospects to request reports by name

Hi Leonard - many thanks for taking the time to post a response.

I will have a look at coffee cup and will report back to the forum, but I think that I looked at the paid for version as part of my research and think that you are correct in that you either have to use their servers of upload some coding to your own host to do the fom processing.

Ideally what I am after is a way to run a form totally within the Xara so that the form is not dependant on any third party involvement.

I am happy to pay for software that allows me to do this, but I have searched extensively and all of the options I have found have either required uploading additional files to your host or to use the third partys servers.

I know that some Xara users have developed their own PHP based contact forms, but they have limited fields and do not include a captcha - so I am not sure if what I am after is possible or not.