Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Google maps

Default Google maps

Hi I do hope someone can help! I have been trying for a hour now just to embed a Google and or Bing map within a site but it will not work a warning box keeps coming up fro Xara I have accounts with both companies please see Unable to find the HTML code for the widget on the widget site or on the clipboard.

-There are two variations to the Google Maps UI. These instructions refer to the new style. You should be prompted to switch to the new style Google map if you are still seeing the old style (without the settings button referred to below).
    - Search for a location using the search bar or click on the button labelled get directions.
    - Enter your start and end address if you require a map displaying directions and click on on the search icon.
    - Adjust map to desired center and zoom level.
    - In the top left corner, click the main menu.
    - Click Share or embed map.
    - At the top of the box that appears, choose the “embed map” tab.
    - Choose the size you want, then copy the code.
    - Click the Insert button below to add the widget to your page.

Have tried doing down to click main menu but see no share or embed so can go no further any idea's please Regards Paul

Default Re: Google maps

Bing has totally changed since the last time I used it and for the life of me it makes no sense at all.

I tried Google Maps. First I created the map by entering my data. Then I clicked Share > Embed Map and then copied the embed data to the clipboard.

I clicked Insert and it created the map (in WD 11 Premium). You have to first generate the embed script, then copy it to the clipboard, then click Insert.

Default Re: Google maps

Thank you for your reply have worked it now but on the site my pinpoint does not show? maybe a google thing as I and my account setting