Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Transfer of license for older version of Web Designer

Hi

Have searched across the forums but only been able to locate answers relating to transferring license between computers for an existing version of Web Designer. Apologies if i've missed something (i'm sure this must get asked a lot?!)

I have a new laptop coming in a few days. My current laptop has Web Designer 9 Premium installed and licensed. I've had it for several years now. I think originally I downloaded the trial version, and then subsequently purchased the serial number/key direct from Xara. I doubt I still have the downloaded zip file, and possibly not even the serial/key code (unless I can access it from the application somehow?)

I would like to be able to continue using Xara on my new laptop. Can anyone tell me if this is possible, at least in theory?

Other threads seem to suggest that Xara does allow users to run a single license on multiple computers, or at least to transfer between two laptops. But presumably my serial/key code is unique to Web Designer 9, and if I need to re-download this I can only download the latest (Web Designer 11) for which, i assume, my license is not valid.

Many thanks for your suggestions

Tom

Default Re: Transfer of license for older version of Web Designer

I haven't checked for a while, but you should have an account login at Xara.com with download links/serial numbers for your purchased software.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I haven't checked for a while, but you should have an account login at Xara.com with download links/serial numbers for your purchased software.
    Rocketman - Paul is correct. That's the best way to do it. I just went from an very old XPpro to Windows 7. It's important (if you still have it) to have your original email purchase handy. (proof of purchase)
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Hi Rocketman,

Versions prior to 11 doesn't allow transferring of licenses as such (disabling and re-enabling on a new PC or between OS's) however you can use your serial number again up to 3 times to unlock on a PC.

If you have reached this limit, you can contact us as http://support.xara.com/ and we can sort this out for you.

You can find the download for older products on each of our download pages under the section "Previous Versions".

Thanks

Thanks all for your helpful and quick responses.

The new laptop is due to arrive in a few days so I shall try it out then.

I am only using the one license on my current laptop, haven't installed/licensed anywhere else, so hopefully the fact that I can use this serial number on several other PCs will do the job nicely!

Thanks
    Tom

hmmmm and actually, I have managed to find my original confirmation of order email from back in early 2013, with serial number, etc.

Very surprised I still have this, most stuff gets deleted... my filing system is usually awful!!

p.s. great to see Xara with a sensible, pragmatic approach to licensing, more than I can say for some of the other hoops it looks like I will need to jump through for other pieces of software!! (mentioning no names....)