Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No such luck René , the PC is as single user as they come, don't even have to enter a password.
    I had trouble with the 1.0 even on a completely clean system, see my msg a few above this one, so when the 1.0a was released I hoped it would do the job etc... I upgraded because the last beta ran without problems but it looks like I'll have to stick with Xara 2. Ofcourse I'd be even more than a little corked if I needed the program to earn my living.

Hein,

Still I think it is the way Windows is installed.
    For instance, can you realy change the registry?

Yes Erik... i am "theKeeper" of 'The Photoshop Gurus Handbook' Website. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Shhhhhh! I'm trying to be incognito here! DOH! Look at my name posted at the top of all my messages!? Aaaaagh!!!

hehehhee [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Mark...

Given the message that Hein posted... and that fact that I TOO run a 'single user' version of W98... i'm going to opt to wait for further developments on this program.

And to be blunt if i may...

It really saddens me to see such problems as these coming from the same people that gave us Xara 2 - a very well written bunch of code there. Especially the fact that it's taken as long as it has for Xara X to even be released, and now, it would appear it has to be 're-written' to solve these 'deep seaded' snafus.

Ah well... such is life [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    I still remain a fan of Xara 2 though.

Good luck!

PS: Hein if you read this... sorry YOU ended up being the guinee pig here.
    Mark...

We are currently in dialogue with Hein and we will fix the problem he is having, we have a number of ideas and the problem is going be trivial to solve, we already have deep supicions as to the cause, Xara X will not need to be "rewritten".

How about the problems you were having? we believe we MAY have fixed them ALL, in Xara X v1.0a.
    Any outstanding reliability issues you may have will be resolved, as we know they must be of a peculiar trivial registry/setup nature which we can fix.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd

How about the zoom drop-down bug mentioned in a previous post?
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I was referring to ALL of the problems mentioned by "thekeeper", the problems with the zoom info bar are being fixed.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd