Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: 3D vectorized

I love the idea of a simplify brush Perhaps it could be added to the shape painter tool. There are options for warping and puckering, simplifying seems like a natural (to me at least)

@ albacore: there is a registry hack which allows you to set the dpi of the brushes Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\XtremePro x64\11\Options\brushes\MouldBrushResolution

You can type in the value you want. Note: the usual caveats apply when editing the registry

I've been experimenting with mine set at 300dpi and it seems to work just fine. I would love to see this setting added to the program UI as it's so useful for print work to set it higher but 300 dpi is really not needed for websites.

Also if you are creative enough there are many things you can do with the brushes that will result in a vector. Blends and contours can be converted to vector shapes before you create the brush and as long as those shapes have flat fills the brush will be vector.

The main thing is No gradient fills or transparencies (or fractals either) all shapes must have flat fills and/or flat mix(normal) transparencies and no feathering or you will get a bitmap. Here is a .xar file with a quick example brush
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	contoured brushes.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	110563  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.