Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Drop Cap January 2014

Thanks again, Larry.
    This striking design has a Celtic feel to it. I used the font Lombardi Caps and the simple design seemed to cry out for just a few bold colours.
    The font for the text at the top and bottom is LithosPro Black, which I used to make this drop cap perform double duty as an imaginary 15th. album for a very real Irish folk band, De Dannan.
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D6b.png 
Views:	186 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	100311   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D6a.png 
Views:	187 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	100310  

** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Well done Bob.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I'm posting this because I think the font is superb. Sullivan is a versatile display font, which comes in three styles, of which, I have used two in this drop cap. Pay whatever you think the font is worth at the link. I have added a subtle bitmap grunge effect, which has been given a bleach transparency. To create a hand drawn effect, I added an outline to the bevel version of the font, which I gave an intestine line profile.
    Bob.

Name:	D7.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	100347  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Good job Bob. I love your descriptions on how you did them.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Probably my last for January. There's still some snow on the mountain in my view out the study window, so I turned the dots in the font (Nabel Alt) to white against a bright blue background. It all looks very pretty outside today, the sun is shining, but it's brass monkey weather out there, with a gale force north-westerly blowing in from the Sierra Cazorla. The name gallery came in handy as it allowed me to change all the colours and after I'd done all the design except the dots, I was able to use the gallery to select just the black and group it to make the snow. So the drop cap is quite seasonal.
    Bob.

Name:	D8.png 
Views:	172 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	100390  

Very pretty Bob. I like that.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

I could have sworn I'd posted another in the ongoing series of hand-lettered halftone style drop caps, but it was obviously a dream.
    Anyway, here's "D".
    Bob.

Name:	Drop Cap D.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	109774  

Thank you Bob!
    Larry a.k.a wizard509