So far in these proceedings everyone has not been very kind to the programme that I like using and yes I still use it even for DTP. My last real job before I retired was for the NHS producing all sorts of pamphlets, brochures, posters and newsletters (loads of newsletters). I used Xara for most, but not all, as Illustrator and Indesign were used for certain jobs, "the right tool for the right job".

Let's get the colour management thing sorted here and now! if it's going to the printers then their must be CMYK colour management on screen. It's down to guess work at the moment and/or experience to get the colours that you planned. The must have programme in my computer is not ID or AI, it's Adobe Acro Pro to check all my PDF's even the files that come from Illustrator. Now I am back on the positives for Xara Pro 11 again as the import of PDF's are far superior to the programme that were're referring to on this topic Page Plus. I have PP X7/8 just recently purchased and its PDF import is not half as good as Pro 11 as if you don't have the font for the doc. on your system then the import of the text is appalling.
Then we come to the export in PP X8 of PDF's, I have more control over the output in Pro 11, not much but more. That takes me maybe to answer one of Digitalphaser question in post #38 when he complains about the dpi of the raster from the RGB effects. You do the same as you do in Illustrator you create a "Bitmap Copy", OK Illy does it showing the area in a very small panel and asking what dpi you want to render the effect but it is still the same.

The topic asks "Will Xara ever Create a DTP Programme (Like PagePlus)?" well it does and at the moment, it costs £44.99, which is nearly half the price of PP and it's OK. Have a look here and tell me its not worth the price: http://www.xara.com/uk/page-layout-designer/features/
For quick and dirty docs I think the programme does the business and for £45 you wouldn't think of using that for a large print run but you can. Yes it needs to improve, --> yes the way Styles are used suck in some ways --->Yes loads of things like page templates, content pages, index pages are missing. People here are comparing a vector drawing programme to a DTP programme which I think is poor. OK the man in charge was putting a marketing ploy on how good its product is and you can expect that but I still think that we got a good programme here that does most things well for printing from home or at you local printshop from the slant of DTP.