Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Is slow loading of Designer Pro 11 Normal

I have noticed since installing Windows 10 that there is a longish pause before DPX11 or WD11 even start to load.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I have noticed since installing Windows 10 that there is a longish pause before DPX11 or WD11 even start to load.
    I thought that was part of the loading, just background files loading before anything started showing. Also, from everyone elses comments, I thought it was only me/my computer having this problem.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Hi Guys,

I've been watching this thread for a while but Gary's comment about a delay /before/ the program starts has just clicked with me and I have a hunch what this delay might be related to. It is already logged in the jobs database and I've just bumped the priority of that job and added a link to this thread.

If I'm right we should be able to fix this.

Phil

And if your not... I hope you are successful.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've been watching this thread for a while but Gary's comment about a delay /before/ the program starts has just clicked with me and I have a hunch what this delay might be related to. It is already logged in the jobs database and I've just bumped the priority of that job and added a link to this thread.

If I'm right we should be able to fix this.

Phil
    I hope you're right Phil. Thanks for looking into it.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

I'm glad the issue has been spotted; I did flag the hiccough way back at the 3rd posting (http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...295#post537295).
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'm having the issue as well. No issue on Windows 7, 64-bit and Photo Designer 10. Now that I've gone Xara 10 (now 11) on Windows 10 - Xara still will not load. I've gotten the application to load only twice (with large delay at application startup) by setting the application compatibility to Windows Vista SP2 I believe it was (still had the lengthy delay at app startup). But no more. Xara still will not load/startup at all.

Thanks for looking into this guys. I've been w/o my Xara now since going to Windows 10.

Might as well join in. I have 3.4Ghz i5 dual core processor, 8GB RAM, 64bit Windows7 Pro w/2SSD drives, fast video card. From click to ready to work with a blank page is about 8 seconds. Sounds good to me.

EDIT: On my old Dell laptop, core i3 2.4Ghz, 6GB RAM 64bit Windows10 on SSD, takes roughly 12 seconds to a blank page ready to work. That's from a cold boot so shouldn't have anything cached.

Jim

On my intel i5 with 16gb ram and SSHD it can take 20 seconds or more to start and often I'm not even sure its going to.
    I hope a patch will cure this anytime soon?

Mine is Intel Core i75-5930K Haswell 3.5GHz Processor, W10 with 16GB RAM and 500GB SSD.

10 seconds of inactivity then 2 seconds to load Pro or Premium.

Early on in this thread was a mention of a bug fix; still waiting. http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...287#post538287.
    Even if the splash screen appears immediately, that would be progress.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat