Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default The New Art Brushes Keep Disappearing

I'm just soooooo frustrated with with program that I love.... there's ALWAYS something that I have to deal with.

Oh... DesignerPro X11 64bit

I install... fine. I add the content... fine. Everything is ok. Open and close a few times over a short period of time and bam!!!! There go the the new art brushes in the line gallery.

I uninstall... clean up EVERY trace of Xara on the puter. Even use the Microsoft Fixit program. Everything back to normal.... for a while that is.... and they're gone again.

I install the 32 bit.... install the content... works well.... OK... so I'll use the 32bit. Makes no difference to me. But in 2 days, bam!!!!! They're gone, even on the 32 bit....

I repeat the WHOLE darn process again and get all the same results... I'm exhausted. Just once I want to but Xara and have the thing work as expected without any major glitches... like the other 2 dozen apps I use.

Does anyone even have a clue? And if you ask me to raise a ticket, I'll, I'll, well please don't. When this happen with the trial, and support and I back and forthed for 2 weeks until THEY suggested the MS Tool.

Thanks for any thoughts

Cliff

OH... And if I don't get it stable this time around, so help me, this is my last XARA version. The competition is looking mighty good and comes awful close in capabilities... and happens to be 99.9% solid.
    Last edited by cmpan1; 12 August 2015 at 03:00 AM. Reason: another thought

Default Re: The New Art Brushes Keep Disappearing

Strange - I just went into Xara hoping to suggest something and all my galleries have disappeared except the page and layer gallery. I'll log it with Xara myself. Do you have any of the other galleries?
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

This is a strange one, I can't replicate this for the life of me. What version of windows are you both running?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Hi Cliff,

Maybe you have saved a template from V11 into the V10 templates folder or some other location??? This is not a good thing to do because it means you'll be loading old template files including old brush files and of course V10 did not have Art brushes.

To fix:
    * Run V11
    * Use "Save template..." to save any xara file as a template
    * In the File save dialog make sure you are saving into Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X11\Templates\ENG (where ENG is replaced by the appropriate folder for your locale, e.g. ENU for the U.S.)
    * Still int he File dialog, choose a random name such as "FixMyTemplates.xar" and click Save.
    * Quit the program and Restart
    * Now you should have your art brushes back.

Phil
    Last edited by PhilM; 12 August 2015 at 07:49 AM.

I've logged it with Xara - had to do a control bars reset to get the galleries back. This loses all the customisation done though.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Yes I too had to reset my control bars to get the galleries back at least once.

The galleries would still be be there in full screen mode but not when exiting full screen.

Windows 7 64bit

Thanks for all the replies...

PhilM! You nailed it! Now who would have ever thought of that? So the moral is.... 'keep your templates in the default area.'

Thank you... I'm putting you in for a raise—and take the rest of the days off w/pay.

regards

Cliff