Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Mobile varient off centre in all web browsers

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi PIT, that worked fine. It's your deep menu structure that's causing the issue.

I'll get back later with a solution

EDIT: To confirm the menu is the problem here's part of your home page with the menu removed:

http://parkeston.com/xara/sheffield-weather/
    Well thats interesting. Must be something that xara 11 has done via the upgrade as the old version of the site prior to the update works. Any solutions??

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    The mobile graphic needs fixing up on the top edge.
    Don't understand what you mean by that as it's the default placement by xara.

Don't understand what you mean by that as it's the default placement by xara.

It's not the placement, the top edge corners aren't right. It looks like there's top slice cut off or something. The edges at the very top on both sides are inset from where they should be. They are fine on the desktop version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swp.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	108971  

Out of interest I've deleted the button and yes the page becomes central. I then recreated it and still got the same problem.

Paul re graphics. Not a lot I can do about that. That's how xara created them if I move them around they still not right so it's best I can do.

I was sceptical that Xara was to blame, but the image is indeed correct, but as seen on the web page, there's a fault.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I was sceptical that Xara was to blame, but the image is indeed correct, but as seen on the web page, there's a fault.
    I can move them around to make it less obvious but then they are going off the top of the page. Or I could change the design as it's an old template I believe.

Looked at your site again and as I say, I think it's the drop-down menu creating an issue. The menu seems to reserve 582 pixels on a page, but as the page width is only 480 it creates the vacant space on the right hand side. See screen-grab.

Don't know if this can be adjusted within the Xara navbar or whether you need to create a seperate menu, using pop-ups, for the mobile version. I'd go for the second option.

This is the type of mobile menu I'd go for, not complete of course. See attached xar.

It would be great if Xara could create these alternative concertina (?) navbars as well!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sheffield.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	108977  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Looked at your site again and as I say, I think it's the drop-down menu creating an issue. The menu seems to reserve 582 pixels on a page, but as the page width is only 480 it creates the vacant space on the right hand side. See screen-grab.

Don't know if this can be adjusted within the Xara navbar or whether you need to create a seperate menu, using pop-ups, for the mobile version. I'd go for the second option.

This is the type of mobile menu I'd go for, not complete of course. See attached xar.

It would be great if Xara could create these alternative concertina (?) navbars as well!
    Cheers got to be bug with xara as version 10 didn't have this problem. It's only when I upgraded the issue happened.

The other solution maybe to change the website to a proper responsive design this was a conversion.