Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pop-up query

Default Re: Pop-up query

Quote Originally Posted by rustic View Post
    2! Are you saying a. That I need to create a new page for a pop-up? b. That pop-ups need to be in the mouse off section of the index page? I have a layer, in mouse off, text and picture in a frame - and all in a group. This group [layer] is named. In preview, when I hover over the text, the link does appear - though it is impossible to click as it disappear a soon as the mouse moves off the text: could this be part of the problem?

Sorry to be so confused but it looks as though I have already followed the list above - at least I can't see where, or what I've missed !
    a. No - Steps 1 to 10 were opening XWD11P and creating everything you needed. Don't try and fix what you have already, it will probably never make sense.

b. No the pop-up is the new layer. The thing in the MouseOff layer is the text that has a link that triggers the pop-up.

Nothing in the layer you want to appear as a pop-up needs to be grouped.

Examine this file in the Page & Layer Gallery: Simple Pop-up Layer.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Rustic. I think your overcomplicating the issue. It's really quite simple as Acorn is suggesting.

Download this file, preview it and try to understand the layout required.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you - I'll try again!

Success - now I just need to repeat the process! To complete the pop-up lesson please could you advise on the following:
    I would like the page to grey/fade when the pop-up is clicked. I've found the place to do this but it seems to be associated only with photo pop-ups.
    I need the pop-up to vanish while working on the page - clicking the 'eye' in the page layer gallery doesn't seem to work.
    Finally, as these pop-ups are to give additional info on a business listing there will be quite a few of them per page - is there any limit to the number - excepting page length/load issues (the directory is spread over several pages).
    Thank you for being so patient!

I would like the page to grey/fade when the pop-up is clicked. I've found the place to do this but it seems to be associated only with photo pop-ups.
    If you mean the ability to darken the pages below, all that's required is to create a rectangle as large as the page, fill it black, apply a transparency to suit and Ctrl+B to send it to the back of everything on that layer.

I need the pop-up to vanish while working on the page - clicking the 'eye' in the page layer gallery doesn't seem to work.
    The only reason I can think this is happening is you've got the All Layers/Objects Visible icon set. See screengrab

Finally, as these pop-ups are to give additional info on a business listing there will be quite a few of them per page - is there any limit to the number - excepting page length/load issues (the directory is spread over several pages).
    I don't think there is a maximum, you can have as many layers as you wish. If you're using it over several pages you'd be advised to create one page with as many layers as required (pop-up-1, pop-up-2, pop-up-3, etc.) then in Utilities / Options / Page Size / tick the Same layers on all pages in document.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	all-layers-objects-visible.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	108563  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by rustic View Post
    Success - now I just need to repeat the process! To complete the pop-up lesson please could you advise on the following:
    Thank you for being so patient!
    Well done and thank you for reporting back. I affirm Egg's answers are spot on.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Info Re: Pop-up query

Here is a variation that i find satisfying as I can cover or partially reveal items on the MouseOff layer using Xara's new (slow) Fade Reveal: Playing with Fades.web.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 07 July 2015 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Thanks Egg, totally wrong file - replaced.

Hi Acorn, are you sure you've posted the correct xar file? The one you posted doesn't appear to have any animations applied or viewable?
    Egg

Simple when you know how! Icon checked and pop-up vanished!

Not 100% sure about the pop-ups on another page but I think I've enough of an idea to have a go.

Thank you! Loads to learn, your help (and patience!) is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Acorn, are you sure you've posted the correct xar file? The one you posted doesn't appear to have any animations applied or viewable?
    Egg, thank you for your especial diligence here - I have changed the uploaded file to the correct XWD11P version so the fading will now happen - naturally, you need XWD11P (or XPD latest, I think) to get the benefit.

Acorn