Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi peeps.
    It's been a while.
    anyway about a year ago I design a company logo in xara. I saved the file no probs but now the person who's logo it is has come back wanting more stuff. Now for the BIG problem, I no longer have the font I used in the logo installed on my computer. Is there anyway at all I can find out what the font is?
    I knew I should have made a backup of the font http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/mad.gif
    Any help please.

Thank you.
    Mark

Hi peeps.
    It's been a while.
    anyway about a year ago I design a company logo in xara. I saved the file no probs but now the person who's logo it is has come back wanting more stuff. Now for the BIG problem, I no longer have the font I used in the logo installed on my computer. Is there anyway at all I can find out what the font is?
    I knew I should have made a backup of the font http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/mad.gif
    Any help please.

Thank you.
    Mark

- Open your Xara file
    - Click File
    - Click Document Info
    - Pull down the 'Document fonts' menu

The font names followed by the * are the ones you need to find.

Do a search here for fonts... There are several sites with free fonts available. Also do a search here for "the font thing". It is a dynamite little font viewer. With it you can search all your program disks for the font in question without installing all 5 billion fonts.

I know it's too late now, but when your working on this type of project, once you and the client are happy with it, Clone any fonts you've used into another layer, and convert to editable shapes.

Then if you lose the font, you've still got the shape.

I wish I would only take my own advice. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/mad.gif

Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

When you open a document in which the font or fonts are no longer installed, highlight the replacement font (drag the text cursor across the font to highlight the characters) and the name of the font should appear in the Font drop down list on the Infobar.

If the font is on your computer, reinstal it and then reopen the document and all should be well.

Gary

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Egg, you got it. I try to remember this too. Yet I still forget, & often... Whenever I copy the art to a new layer for separation, I tend to remember then. Otherwise I forget. Often...

Like Gary said, once you re-install the font (after finding it of course) everything will be back to normal in your file. Funny, when you preview your image from the gallery, you can see the old font & have no idea the trouble that awaits until you open. Like a ticking time bomb waiting for that special moment to arrive eh?

One time I lost all my fonts when I switched PC's, after it died. Another time (more recently) we updated my computer to XP. Had to go digging for fonts all over again. If only I'd remembered to conv my text to curves.... I feel your pain Egg. On a daily basis too. I have projects that span several computers all with different fonts. Have to go diggin' way too often... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

Try to teach an old dog new tricks? Can be difficult at times... Some folks just have to keep learning the hard way. Some folks = me! Once a sLACKer always a sLACKer....
    old school

wW<><
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE