Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: cloud.xara discussion thread

@Mike:

No your images are not links at all your entire document (as long as you have saved it to Dropbox or Google drive) is synced to whatever devices you have given access to it. an image can be replaced remotely and it will be replaced in the dropbox or google drive document. when you next open the doc on another device In WD11 the image will be replaced.

workflow with cloud xara might be something like this:

Case #1 prepare documents in Xara on your desktop for client approval and save it to your Dropbox or Google drive. Now lets say some of your clients can't come to you so grab your tablet and go see them, with the client open cloud Xara on your tablet and open their document. As you discuss the document things like make this bolder or change this text or I don't like that photo can be addressed right there and these changes update instantly in your dropbox or Google drive so your client can give immediate approval and all is done. For changes that aren't possible yet in Cloud X you can have a section on the page where you can have notes and these notes are also saved back to home base!

Case#2 you have a client who wants to collaborate remotely with you on a document. The client needs to have either dropbox or google drive and an account on Xara.com you prepare a shared folder and invite them to access it. You create the document and save it to the shared folder now both you and your client have access and they can edit and update it using Cloud X

@: Rik Yes I understand that and by the time DP11 is launched I'm willing to bet cloudX will have more features added
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I cannot use it for a couple of reasons. 1. I do not do web stuff. and 2. I do not own WD11
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Well, neither of those scenarios are something I would use, Frances.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

That's just two scenarios off the top of my head, and remember this is in it's infancy I could see it being not just a web design tool. Perhaps when DP11 comes out they'll add some vector editing features, and the ability to create a new document in the cloud would be nice.

my case #1 is something I would use it for. I can see once they fix a few things and add a few more features it being a great on the road sales tool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    That's just two scenarios off the top of my head, and remember this is in it's infancy I could see it being not just a web design tool. Perhaps when DP11 comes out they'll add some vector editing features, and the ability to create a new document in the cloud would be nice.

my case #1 is something I would use it for. I can see once they fix a few things and add a few more features it being a great on the road sales tool
    Case #1 I would take my laptop and make any and all changes necessary. If I were to do such a thing. While I do take my laptop, it generally is only broke out between meetings at a coffee shop wherein I work on projects. I never make live changes at a client's place.

I could give a hoot about using a browser for live changes to an otherwise desktop application's files. I fail to see the point whether it is Xara, Adobe or whoever. In fact, if anything, the whole thing potentially irks me. Whatever resources--time and money--went into this could have perhaps been spent on actually making the applications better.

Mike

where do I see this Xara cloud to which you refer

I googled it and got this http://www.xaracloud.net , which doesn't seem to be the same thing or is it.

http://cloud.ixara.com/

But you will need to be a registered v11 user to gain access.

I am not a registered user... But going to Steve Ledger's link from my phone is not possible.

Thought this was supposed to be accessible from anywhere?

Guess the link should be:

http://cloud.xara.com/

Or am I wrong?

Hi Angelize-

I do a lot of political ad work and was looking for a way to get all of the mailers, handouts, ads etc. etc. and provide
    the candidate a way to not only see but also leave comments etc. etc.

It's working nicely but have a question you might be able to answer.

Let say I make a new page for a DIFFERENT candidate. Will the other candidate and visa-vie
    be able to see the other pages? I know I can sign in and simply click on specific pages etc.

Is there a way to make each page private?

Any thoughts appreciated....

Quote Originally Posted by BobH View Post
    Hi Angelize-
    I do a lot of political ad work and was looking for a way to get all of the mailers, handouts, ads etc. etc. and provide
    the candidate a way to not only see but also leave comments etc. etc.
    It's working nicely but have a question you might be able to answer.
    Let say I make a new page for a DIFFERENT candidate. Will the other candidate and visa-vie
    be able to see the other pages? I know I can sign in and simply click on specific pages etc.
    Is there a way to make each page private?
    Any thoughts appreciated....
    Make a different SITE for each CANDIDATE.
    Much safer all round,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat