Quote Originally Posted by shiphen View Post
Are you serious? After all this time Xara can't open CorelDraw files?
XDP can only open CD versions up to 5 (for certain) and possibly version 8 files. I cannot recall whether I opened version 8 files or not and I am not finding any on this system to try--but I have hundreds on here so I can keep poking around. I forget what version of CD files AI stops at.

Yep. Like I wrote, the filters need updating. People out in the real world have files from a mix of applications. I don't expect Xara to support all possibilities. But it would be beneficial to them to support the main ones like AI and CD if they ever hope to increase the user base from those other application's camps.

Too, Xara needs to flesh out features of recent AI and CD versions. Else they cannot even update the filters. So in your CD file's example, the type of conical fill that CD has isn't compatible with Xara's conical fill. If they can write a means of translating that conical fill, then they could add that type of conical fill. This type of thing (feature for feature) is the only means to pull in users who want to break from the others.

Mike