Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: avi codecs for export animation

Here is what I found following Egg's instructions:
    Video Codecs
    Type Name Format Binary Version
    DMO Mpeg4s Decoder DMO mp4s, MP4S, m4s2, M4S2, MP4V, mp4v, XVID, xvid, DIVX, DX50 mp4sdecd.dll 6.1.7600.16385
    DMO WMV Screen decoder DMO MSS1, MSS2 wmvsdecd.dll 6.1.7601.17514
    DMO WMVideo Decoder DMO WMV1, WMV2, WMV3, WMVA, WVC1, WMVP, WVP2 wmvdecod.dll 6.1.7601.18221
    DMO Mpeg43 Decoder DMO mp43, MP43 mp43decd.dll 6.1.7600.16385
    DMO Mpeg4 Decoder DMO MPG4, mpg4, mp42, MP42 mpg4decd.dll 6.1.7600.16385

MPEG/DVD Filters
    Type Name Binary Version
    video ffdshow Video Decoder ffdshow.ax 1.3.0.0
    video LAV Video Decoder LAVVideo.ax 0.64.0.0
    video Moonlight-Elecard MPEG2 Video Decoder mpgdec.ax 2.0.0.4316
    video InterVideo Video Decoder IVIVIDEO.ax 7.0.27.248
    video HT MPEG Video Decoder HTMpegVD.ax 1.0.1.4
    video Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder msmpeg2vdec.dll 12.0.9200.17037
    video P2G Video Decoder P2GVSD.ax 6.0.0.2310

I tried running the program as administrator....No change.

does this problem persist with a very simple animation - say two frames just moving one object from A to B ? - if it does then I am inclined to think there is an installation problem on your computer - if it doesn't then there is likely something in the file you are trying to export that the program cannot compress using any of the available codecs [or at all]

in the latter case posting up the file [if that is acceptable to you] may help someone to identify what is wrong...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

After some experimenting it seems that when the file is about 1 minute or less in duration the avi export works but there are still no options other than uncompressed. If the length is longer the export creates a file but the file does not work. None of the players or editors can open the file. I'm still puzzled though as to why no other codecs are
    recognized. I also have again run the install only this time instead of selecting 'repair' I selected 'modify'. It claimed the modify was accomplished but it never indicated what
    the modification was. It didn't change anything that I could see.

As to Handdrawn's suggestion, I wouldn't mind posting a file but they are simply text files where I put in a line or two of text and make the text transparent.
    Then I copy the frame and make the text visible. I generally create 8 to 16 frames. I set the time duration of the text frame to allow reading of the text before
    the next line(s) of text appear. I set the interval between lines of text at 1.5 seconds. Sometimes there is enough text that the time to read it runs over 1 minute to read all of it.

ok

unless you know it is an installation problem [and bear in mind if it is, it might not be the xara program at fault] re-install/repair/modify is maybe not the way to go just yet

AFAIK the xara program will only show the options that are available for exporting the current file; this is why I asked you to do a test with the two frame simple move [no transparency, no other complications] which I know should work fine with all the default codecs

at the end of the day we are working in the dark here because we have not access to your computer - if you post up a saved XAR file of the animation that does not work [and ideally one as well that does] then we have something to work on

although you have given a general description of what you are trying to do, unless you give a step by step description so we can replicate the file, then we are still relying on luck that we manage to do exactly what you did
    Nothing lasts forever...

Try this xar file. Do you get any options Can you export it as an avi?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

thanks for providing a test file egg
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes, thanks for the test files. I checked each one with the preview function to be sure they worked OK after downloading. They would convert to avi but there were no options on codecs. Nothing but uncompressed was available. I again thank everybody for their trying to help. I have decided it is not worth spending more time on this problem. I have other ways to accomplish my goals with these animations and need to work on getting them done. Ya'll are the best.

thanks for coming back; good luck with the project
    Nothing lasts forever...