Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Variants missing smaller screen outline

Hi All,

I just created a mobile version of my website (variant). The first page has an outline showing the new "screen space", however this outline is missing on the rest of the pages. I believe (but don't now for sure) that this smaller screen guide should show on every page so I can see what needs to be modified. I'd be appreciative is someone who uses variants regularly could advise.

Thanks,
    Icue

Default Re: Variants missing smaller screen outline

Generally a good idea to post your .web file for inspection. Saves time and guesswork

Steve,

I think I attached the .web file correctly (please let me know if not). I have removed almost everything except one blank page and it's variant. The strange thing is if you go to the variant and enable the option to view the print area, the page size also shows up, but toggling only the "view page size" option does nothing.

If I create a completely new site with a few pages and then the variants, everything works as expected.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Icue
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the file,
    You have created repeating groups in the page background.
    Check the P&L Gallery.
    Unlock the Page background and remove the repeating groups in both (desktop and mobile variants)

Steve,

Thank you, thank you. I never would have connected the two even if I did eventually run across the repeating groups.

Xara allows you to past to the page background if it is active in the Page & Layer Gallery. To be fair it does warn you, but in my book, if the layer is locked you shouldn't be able to change it without unlocking it. If you aren't paying attention or forget to undo something like this, it can cause issues (as I just experienced).

Icue