Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: How can I get images to not resize AT ALL when inserted into emails (Outlook2010)

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Not really

At the bottom of the page it says:
    Note: Another common cause for screenshots to become smaller is when you are using screen setting with a dpi value which is higher than the default 96dpi (to make text appear larger on your screen). To overcome this see; Images resize and become unsharp upon sending and then links to here:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/unsharpimages.htm

On that page it suggested that I use IrfanView to change the DPI of the file itself. I tried this but it didnt help. In fact I tried JPG files with both 96DPI and 120DPI. But both time my images got make larger by Outlook(2003).

Right at the bottom of the second page it says:
    Note: Another common cause for screenshots to become smaller is when you are using screen setting with a dpi value which is higher than the default 96dpi (to make text appear larger on your screen). To overcome this see; Images resize and become unsharp upon sending
    And then links to here:
    http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/unsharpimages.htm

However non of the option there work either.

P.S. What very NEARLY works is to make the image SMALLER before sending it, which very nearly cancels out the fact that Outlook make my image 125% large at the time of sending IRRESPECTIVE of their DPI setting. However the correct multiple of pixels simply isn't available.

Yes, I can sent my emails from say Gmail, and yes the embedded images that they contain are perfectly sized. I don't want my clients replying to my personal email address! And worse if I *forward* the html that contains the image... guess what - ALL the images - including the GIF images are now 25% larger than they should be

But how utterly, utterly useless is this entire situation!!

I have now run the full gamut of emotions: From Frustration, to Anger, to wanting to kills someone at Microsoft, to despair, to genuine shock that Microsoft could be quite so utterly terrible, to finally thinking maybe I should sell my Windows machines give up and go Apple, back to indignant rage and fury.

Looking closely at the HTML that microsoft emails contain, (i.e. heaving with garbage unwanted, unhelpful code) and comparing it to say gmail code, it's clear that Microsoft have gone a long, long way down the wrong route. Microsoft seem to be rotten at the core. This is catastrophic news if true. And makes Xara itself into a deprecated dinosaur.

Really and truly it doesnt look good for Microsoft. In truth, if that's how poorly Microsoft writes its email applications, after DECADES to get it right, then surely we should all abandon Microsoft and therefore Windows itself. But go where? Surely not into the hateful hands of the all-conquering over-priced, dumbed-down, glossy, marketing machine that is Apple. And surely not the techie/geeky world of Linux?

But you know what? When all is said and done... now that I have calmed down... I still want to kill someone at Microsoft.

Truly.
    Last edited by shiphen; 17 February 2015 at 11:11 PM.