Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default EVERYTHING BUT INDEX PAGE DISAPPEARED!!!

OMG--Out of nowhere, everything but my index page disappeared! The files are there on my computer, but the .web file only has the one page on it. This is a HUGE website and re-creating it would be awful. Was going to publish tomorrow PLEASE HELP!) I've tried opening the .web file in an older version as well, but no luck. Any way to open the web without the .web file? Like from the htm files that are still there?

I'm lost.

Default Re: EVERYTHING BUT INDEX PAGE DISAPPEARED!!!

Did on online google search and was able to bring up a old post from Talk Graphics that suggested checking the backup from Recent Backups. YES! It was there. Phew...man that was scary.
    Have no idea why this happened. Was just saving a slider widget and everything disappeared. Crazy!

I would also advise you to make a periodical copy of the .web file yourself and not just rely on the backup system. Preferably saving the file on a separate disc or external drive or memory stick.

This should also be the case for files that are important to you. At some stage a virus or hard disc failure could lose all of your files.

Nita - I have had this happen, not often but it does happen. So Paul's advise is what I do. Especially if the site or images or publication or anything is too important to lose.