Well sometimes I copy text from another source to import to Xara intended for 2 column format, but sometimes cut too much text, so that the copy extends past the bottom of the column. Once placed I cut the excess copy to place in the next column on the same page. Essentially moving the copy to the clipboard then pasting into the same document at a different location. When I do this I don't seem to encounter the problem you're having - it copies and pastes just fine. I've never tried to move copy from one Xara document to another different Xara document, but don't imagine it would be any different then copying text to itself. I don't know how much varying text you have or to what degree the difference in font scale, so I'm not sure what kind of issues you're having. If there were font scale issues, I'd do what I suggested in my previous post, by selecting only the same size font in the copied region of the text copy - I avoid copying varying text sizes in the same selection of copy/paste of content.