Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X10 Released

Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
    there’s Gary Priester’s First Look on the Xara Xone @ http://xaraxone.magix.net/XDPX10/page-1.htm.
    I've been wanting to read this first look review of Xara XDP10 for ages and haven't found the time. Well I read it this morning and have discovered some things that I wasn't aware of and some things I'd forgotten were so useful. As always, Gary, a well-written, if slightly over-enthusiastic ( ) review of all of the new features of XDP10. I enjoyed reading it.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Hi Everyone.

I've read through all 19 pages, and it saddens me. I'm not a Pro myself (yet), I've a lot to learn and am taking steps to change that hopefully. I don't think of myself as a photographer nor have a job as a web designer (I'm sure it's nice to have a website via drag and drop, but what if something breaks and you have no idea how to begin to fix it - kind of thinking), but there are probably useful tools available to play with and begin to use in these areas. So having everything in one package is not exactly a negative, for someone new when considering buying it.

But for someone like me with a lot to learn about drawing, shadows, perspective, design, colours and so on, that if using Xara - this place is the be all and end all for getting help!

So ................ what 'really' saddens me, and I hope all you guys and gals who have made your views clear in these 19 pages follow my thought process here, is the fact that through the company's change in direction (as I have read and come to understand reading this topic), the actual drawing/vector members with masses of experience and a willingness to help both new and old users improve themselves in the area of vector drawing, could just disappear through feeling undervalued, ignored and unwilling to keep on paying to support Xara to produce the updates they want/need/would like to see/etc & wait any longer when other companies have kept up with the times and are updating their software to meet today's demands. What an ABSOLUTE waste that would be!!!!

I can understand some members may think it is not my place to say the following as I am a new member here, but I truly hope that Xara takes heed of it's Pro's CORE users and drivers ........... or be prepared to lose them and their "INVALUABLE" experience, without whom, since they actually act as such a massive and FREE support system for your products, people will not buy Xara products.

Thank you, to all of you that have helped so much for so long

Another quick (which I'm sure more will come to light as another discussion on Graphics and Pen Tablets develops).

I think it is important for owners of and Xara users thinking of buying a tablet, to know that Xara will quickly be developing the areas for tablets currently not supported:

xara does not support the tilt and pitch features of the upper end wacoms, it just supports basic pressure sensitivity; I do not currently sketch in xara because I think there are far better programs for this
    I mean c'mon, afterall - creations on tablets are VECTORS!!!!

just to put that in perspective, here is a link for illustrator wacom-settings-in-illustrator

when I say 'pitch' I mean 'bearing' of the tilt not just the angle, and also 'rotation' - AFAIK 'pitch' is not official wacom terminology
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...