Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Flow charts / Diagramming software

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    The only blocker is the lack of dynamic connectors.
    I have used the Online Web Catalogue Text Panels to good effect. The come with their own Named colours.

Ii would spend time creating the equivalent of an MS Visio Stencil of all you needed shapes and lines.

As lines readily snap to shapes the lack of a dynamic link is not too restrictive.

In fact, using Shift+C gives you a shape that can be a rectangle, a curved box and even a circle, all in one. Try that Visio.

Soft-group the same inside a diamond gives you a decision box.

Add shadows and you're there.

Acorn
    Sorry Acorn, I've lost the plot. Are you talking about Xara still or something else? If Xara I'm sorry but the lack of connectors is a deal breaker for us, incredibly powerful though Xara is in many ways. :^(

"Smart arrows" - Yes the menuing is slightly fiddly in Xara (presumably) but the Smart Shapes do look useful as far as they go.

Default Re: Flow charts / Diagramming software

Yes, all in Xara. Shame.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat