Larry, I'd slow the duration times on both frames because it's a little frantic. Try .2 seconds instead of .01. If I suggested .01 in the tutorial, I should be boiled in oil, Sorry!

Oh, and one of the 2 frames has a sliver of white on the left size. you can fix that by, one frame at a time, selecting all, and then nudging perhaps once to the left, then do the same with the following frame selected. You might then need to mode the right page edge a little to the left...it snaps when you're using an animation template. Secret: if an image overlaps the page size by a pixel or two, Xara truncates it when you export, because it falls outside of the page, and stuff off the page doesn't get exported.

I'm also sorry I didn't stress that you, the artist, have the decision-making power to cheat the dimensions down a little to be able to use more frames as a trade-off for final pumpkin GIF file size. Because what I did for one of those animations was to use 8 frames, plus the lit eyes used Transparency. Here's exactly what I did on a smaller (520 px across, I think) image to truly make a flicker instead of flashing like a traffic sign:

Frame 1: .5 seconds (off)
Frame 2: none (on)
Frame 3: .1 seconds (off)
Frame 4: .1 seconds (on)
Frame 5: .1 seconds (on, but at 75% opacity)
Frame 6: .1 seconds (on, but at 45% opacity)
Frame 7: .1 seconds (on, but at 15% opacity)
Frame 8: .1 seconds (on, 100%)

Try that and see if it isn't more visually interesting. Also, you might have a few K to spare now that you darkened the background, which is fine artistically, and this action also probably lessened the number of unique colors, making diffusion dithering necessary.

This whole deal is intended to help you get farther with fast, large GIF animations. You already know some of the techniques to make a file size for GIF animations small, right? A smaller color index (palette), choose not to use Transparency when you write it out, because the Overlay Property is engaged and takes care of the transparency around the faces, make small sacrifices in quality because your market often is viewing on a smart phone and won't scrutinize your animation at a size that the flaws might show and so on.

This is just a novel concept to produce large pictures with small areas of animation going on within them. As are cinemagraphs, and perhaps we can to a tute on those soon, perhaps a Christmas present from the Xone Pole in Wasala, Alaska, where you can open your window and see Russia.

-g