Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Serif's Affinity for the Mac

Serif email today:

..It was just last Thursday when we launched Affinity Designer on the Mac App Store with a 20% discount - and it's crazy what has happened! We've topped the App Store charts around the world, Apple has given us their Editor's Choice award and perhaps better than anything we have had hundreds of reviews posted on the App Store already with a perfect 5 star rating..

I think I'd call that a massive success, and all from a company I've specifically avoided in the past because of the way they do business and I've never liked their software. I bought it.

It's such a pity Xara ignored this space when they could almost have had it to themselves.

Default Re: Serif's Affinity for the Mac

Perhaps Xara have identified another gap for their new product....whatever the product is. Going in the reverse direction there doesn't appear to be an iBOOKS Author equivalent on PC and Xara have have pretty much all the components necessary for such a piece of software which generate media rich eBooks...perhaps using web based widgets?. I guess the only problem would be if Apple decided to produce a PC version of iBOOKS Author (a la QuickTime and iTunes)then the market would evaporate overnight. As a supporter of Xara (and Computer Concepts) for more than 30 years I hope they have something magic (Magix?!) up their sleeve.