Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

traceyp,
    Have you had any problems with text when you print to pdf with CutePDF? I downloaded it and when I printed a logo that contains Arial Bold font the pdf file has that text as just Arial. Doesn't look like I intended even after printing a hardcopy. Have you run into this issue?

dafipp

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Dafipp,

maybe your Arial Bold is a Type 1 font? The 'cheaper' PDF generators can't handle Type 1 fonts...
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

I have had some trouble going from xara x and xara x1 with arial bold into AI as a font. If I convert to curves, than no problem.

thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I have had some trouble going from xara x and xara x1 with arial bold into AI as a font. If I convert to curves, than no problem. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have this problem using Acrobat 6. If I don't convert all fonts to curves, even a simple ad does not print all the text. If I convert to editable shapes, then it works fine.

Gary

Dafipp

To the best of my knowledge I've never had any font problems whatsoever with CutePDF. As far I can recall everything I've printed to CutePDF has come out exactly as expected.

Tracey

Ok heres my chance to through in my two cents. I have been using a program called primopdf and as far as my limited knowledge tells me...it works very well. you can set many different options such as page size, dpi,cmyk settings..etc...

Quinn